An interesting blog showing the scale of Andy Warhol’s cover art. Truly prodigious, and it doesn’t even cover the 50s jazz albums.
My collection of record cover art by my favourite five artists continues to grow. 2015 provided almost fifty new covers on record and CD. The statistics show there were:
– Twenty-seven covers with Andy Warhol’s art (eleven on CD) and four covers that were Warhol related – more of those later.
– Five covers (well three really) with Klaus Voorman’s art,
– Three covers with Damien Hirst art
– Two covers with Banksy’s art
– Five covers with Peter Blake’s art
– One cover with Nat Finklestein’s portrait of Andy Warhol
– One cover with images of diverse pop artists works.
ANDY WARHOL COVERS
There were four really rare covers that I got hold of in 2015. These were:
1. Ultra Violet‘s 1973 album “Ultra Violet“, which I bought in April,
2. A copy of The Rolling Stones‘ “Sticky Fingers” nicely autographed by Andy…
View original post 1,371 more words